Monday, September 2, 2013

First Week FUN!

I know.. I haven't blogged in what feels like FOREVER - but as all you teachers know the first few weeks leading up to the big FIRST WEEK and the first week is madness.

I don't know about you, but the first week is crazy full of expectations and do's and don't's and rushing around trying to remember when lunch is and if I am pronouncing their names correctly and if I could possibly get away with calling them "sweetie" all year long.

One thing that I have done the past few years is this twist on the popular "First Day of First Grade" pin -- the one we have all come to see and then are overcome with jealously that we don't teach first grade and "The First Day of Third Grade" or whatever grade that ISN'T first grade just doesn't sound as adorable...

I love my "3rd Day in 3rd grade" frame (which could totally be adapted to all the grade levels) and the parents do to since I make cards for them thanking them for sharing their child with me and what a great year we are going to have. I think this year I may take a 3rd day to last day of 3rd grade picture and send them both home together!


Aren't they
precious?!?!

(I also love my scuba diver door... 
It turned out way better than I had originally anticipated!!)


Happy teaching Friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment